Carmichael Gallery Bumblebee. “Sleepwalking Street” Image Courtesy of the gallery Carmichael Gallery Presents Bed Bugs The first solo exhibition of work by Bumblebee at Beyond Eden A multi-gallery event celebrating the new contemporary art scene in Los Angeles October 9 – 10 2010 Opening Reception Saturday, October 9 2010 6 – 11 PM Admission is […]
Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. http://4rbyf.th8.us #optimism #hope #beauty
103 characters and her followers would have had an update of exactly what Anne Frank was thinking. The inner life of this girl, as recorded in her diary, has inspired many an artist, author, movie director, painter, and writer to contemplate their own.
Irish stencil Street Artist Vango has just imagined Anne Frank as she might be today – sending her personal thoughts and observations, status updates. It’s a tricky minefield of human history to tread for an artist and the implications of a wireless data stream available to all are still being assessed by contemporary culture. As our historical touchstones are viewed through these new screens, sometimes it can be jolting and will raise questions. What parallels exist today, and what has been fundamentally changed by our creation?
- Kolly Gallery Presents: Supakitch "On My Way Home" (ZÜRICH | SWITZERLAND)
- Laziredes Gallery Presents: "The Road To Soho" A Collaboration with UNKLE (London, UK)
- Candy Factory Films Presents: "Saving Banksy" A Documentary Film (Manhattan, NYC)
- Haverford College's Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery Presents: "All Big Letters" A Group Exhibition (Philadelphia, PA)
- MF Gallery Presents: Handbills of Subversion - Tremendous Art from Losers, Nasty Women and The Gays. (Brooklyn, NY)