A Danish Street Artist Reports from Munich About Last Week’s Stroke02 Urban Art Fair
by Don John
- A piece by Morten Anderson and Sainer (© Don John)
Last week I attended Stroke02, a 4-day art fair for Urban Art that takes place in Munich, Germany. It is held in a former Federal Bank office building that is about 4 stories completely full of exhibitors.
- Herakut and Case at work at Stroke02 (© Don John)
- Herakut and Case (© Don John)
I was with the gallery/store called Rocket, where I exhibited together with Lake from Berlin and Johannes König from Munich. Last year the Stroke festival had 7000 visitors and my guess is that this year was about the same.
- Don John and Kid Acne (© Don John)
The visitors did not only consist of young people, but also a fair amount of middle-aged visitors. I thought it was great that Stroke had succeeded in reaching out to this segment as well.
- A Sainer piece on display (© Don John)
The fair also featured live paintings from: Case, Herakut, Ma’Claim, Claudio Ethos and Morten Andersen among others.
- EVOL creates fascinating building facades in his pieces (© Don John)
- ROA created one of his multi-panelled rabbits (© Don John)
All in all I think it was great to participate as an artist, and I think that the visitors got a lot of great art for their 12 euro entrance fee.
- This dude in what looks like a dunce cap looks really similar to someone. (ECB, Henbdrik Beikirch) (© Don John)
- For all the toy fans here is a sculpture by Biserama (Alexander Becherer) at Stroke02 (© Don John)
I also grabbed the opportunity to do two paste ups while in Munich; one on Blumenstrasse and the other on Fraunhoferstr.
- An outside piece called “Buzzard Kid” by Don John (© Don John)
Pics from Stroke02: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48068772@N02/
Please follow and like us: